Zucchini Tomato Salad is great for summer eating when vegetables are fresh and abundant. Or even too abundant, as is often the case with zucchini.
Zucchini Tomato Salad
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 table spoons olive oil
- 3 table spoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tea spoon salt
- 1 ounce manchego cheese
- 4-5 leaves fresh mint
- Thinly slice zucchini, onion and tomato.
- Plate the vegetables by alternating zucchini, onion, tomato…repeat.
- Mix the olive oil and vinegar in a bowl then drizzle over the vegetables.
- Grate manchego cheese and sprinkle over salad.
- Cut fresh mint leaves, removing any stems. Sprinkle mint over salad.
Avoid putting oil, vinegar and cheese on the salad until you are ready to serve.
Don’t forget to add the salt, it helps bring out the flavor of the vegetables.
Keywords: zucchini, tomato, onion, mint, salad, lunch, picnic, summer, zuchinni