Healthy and quick rice bowl with the light salty taste of salmon eggs.
This rice bowl is made of only a few ingredients but is surprising in the richness of its flavors. You can use any type of rice. In this recipe we use sushi rice as it clumps very nice, but try other types of rice too. For example this is also delicious with brown rice.
Start off by making the rice as this will take the longest. Two parts water one part rice in a pot, bring to a boil and then put a lid on the pot and turn don the heat to low. Your rice will be ready in about 12 minutes.
This was a hard recipe to name as it has two types of eggs. One is a “chicken egg” the other “salmon eggs”. If we named it “Chicken and Salmon Egg…” you would think it had chicken and salmon in the recipe, which it has neither. Finally decided just to call it egg, as in a normal chicken egg and then highlight the fact it has salmon eggs in it.
Alternatively it could have been called “Egg and Egg Rice Bowl.” Though that doesn’t work either.
Starting with the “chicken” egg, scramble up two of them. Next on medium-low heat pour the egg into a pan and let it cook. As the egg starts to firm up, cover the pan with a lid and turn off the heat. Let the egg sit on the cook top for another 5 minutes where it will continue to cook.
Steam some asparagus in a pot with just a little water in it for about two minutes until it turns bright green.
Cut up the vegetables. Here we use cucumber and green onion. You also can add some lettuce or carrots if you wish. cutting the vegetables into slices adds to the fancier looking presentation of this rice bowl.
When the rice is done assemble the bowl. First rice, then asparagus, cucumber and green onions. Next cut the cooked “chicken” egg into strips and toss them into the bowl. Finally add-on top the salmon eggs. That’s it.
It’s nice to serve this with some soy garlic sauce to add in some more flavor if you want. Otherwise just eat away. It’s tasty.
Below is the full recipe, instruction and a video about how to make it. If you make this recipe, let me know how it turns out. Thanks, Delicious Eric.Print
Light and healthy rice bowl with egg, salty salmon eggs and fresh vegetables.
Egg and Salmon Egg Rice Bowl
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 ounce salmon eggs
- 2 eggs
- 6 asparagus stalks
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1 green onion
- Add rice and water to a pot and bring to boil, then place a lid on the pot and lower heat to low. let cook for 12 minutes.
- Scramble 2 eggs. Place in pan and cook on medium-low heat until the egg begin to become firm. Then turn off heat and place a lid on the pan. Leave it on the cook top for about 5 more minutes as the egg will slowly finish cooking without burning or browning.
- Add asparagus to a pot with a few ounces of water. Place on cook top and steam on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Cut cucumber and green onion into small chunks or strips.
- Assemble the bowl with rice first. Then add in cucumber, asparagus and green onion.
- Slice scrambled egg into strips and place on top.
- Finally spoon on the salamon eggs. Serve.
Some garlic soy sauce goes very well with this meal.
Keywords: rice, salmon eggs, scrambled eggs, cucumber, rice bowl, green onion, asparagus, recipe