Yummy strawberry and yogurt toast with a nice espresso in the morning.
What more is there to say? Try it and enjoy.
One key thing is to get good bread. I mean fresh bread from a bakery. If it comes in a plastic bag probably not the best bread. Now I admit I’m a bread snob. I’ve eaten all kinds of bread, and it can be ridiculously expensive. So use what bread you have and if you can get the good stuff. Or make your own.
By the way we don’t have a toaster I just use the oven on broil setting for a few minutes and it works just fine. I’m not real big on appliances and fancy stuff. Just the basics adding in a new device every once in a while for fun (more about my lovely garlic press later).
Make this with non-fat plain yogurt, and add in honey to sweeten is the perfect way to get good tasting but a bit healthier food and not processed sugary yogurt.
Having an espresso maker was once a luxury and now is a total necessity as I love coffee, particularly strong coffee. Try it out sometime and you may agree. I prefer to make it the old-fashioned way without the pods and other plastic serving stuff. I just feel less waste, less plastic in your life and less processed stuff the better. In addition its way cheaper. Did I mention it’s less expensive? Try it out sometime and see.
So below is the recipe and instructions plus a short video explaining the steps of the recipe. Enjoy. If you try this out let me know. Thanks, Delicious Eric.Print
Strawberry Toast and Espresso Breakfast
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 8 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Toasting
- Cuisine: Delicious
Great start to the day and easy breakfast recipe for toast with yogurt and fresh strawberries. Nothing can be wrong with that.
- 2 pieces toasted bread, fresh if possible.
- 5-6 strawberries sliced.
- 3 ounces non-fat plain yogurt.
- 1 tea spoon honey.
- 3 table spoons ground coffee.
- 8 ounces water.
- Sugar and milk to taste.
- Slice bread into two pieces and toast in toaster or oven.
- Slice strawberries.
- When bread is toasted spread yogurt on bread with a knife.
- Place sliced strawberries on toast covering the entire piece of toast.
- Drizzle honey over strawberries. Serve.
- Open espresso maker by twisting apart at the middle.
- Remove coffee filter and fill bottom with water up to the release valve.
- Re-insert coffee filter and place coffee in filter up to top, pack tightly.
- Screw together coffee maker and place on cook top high heat.
- Remove coffee from cook top when done percolating.
- Serve, add sugar and milk as desired.
I just love a regular old espresso maker, it’s more economical than other options and works great.
Keywords: bread, toast, strawberries, breakfast, easy to make, espresso, coffee, recipe